Minted Sugar Snap Peas
In 15 minutes, you’ll bring spring flavors to the table with this praise-worthy side. —Karen Adams, Cleveland, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add snap peas;
- cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and immediately place snap
- peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In the same skillet, saute the peas, onions, garlic, salt and pepper
- in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.