Minted Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Spring fever will hit instantly when you sample this lovely salad. A chopped shallot, mustard and honey complement the minty peas, and goat cheese ties the salad together.Darlene Morris, Franklinton, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add peas; cook,
- uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and
- immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Cut in half
- crosswise; place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over pea mixture;
- toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 197 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,