- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the cinnamon, cloves and
- cumin seeds in oil until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Add rice;
- cook and stir until lightly browned. Add water and mint. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice
- is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and cinnamon in oil until
- onion is tender. Add the curry, garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute
- longer. Add the garbanzo beans, water, tomato sauce, lemon juice and
- salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6
- minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard cinnamon; stir in
- Fluff rice with a fork. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Serve with
- garbanzo curry.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup rice with about 3/4 cup curry equals 475 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.