Minted Pea Salad
"In this refreshing recipe, fresh mint complements the peas' sweet flavor," relates Inez Orsburn, a field editor from Demotte, Indiana.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add peas and onion;
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Editor's Note: 3 pounds of fresh peas, shelled and cooked for 3-5 minutes, may be substituted for the frozen peas.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 214 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.