Mint Watermelon Sorbet
You'll have a taste of summer with this refreshing sorbet from our Test Kitchen. Watermelon, mint and lime juice are the predominant flavors that give it just the right amount of zip. It would be perfect on a hot afternoon.
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups cubed seedless Watermelon
Cool and refreshing, summer isn't summer without watermelon at the table. Serve it fresh or as part of a great main dish.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring
- constantly until sugar is dissolved; set aside. In a blender,
- process watermelon in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large
- bowl; stir in the sugar syrup, orange juice, mint, honey and lime
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- until firm. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover
- and process in batches until smooth.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 90 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,