Mint Watermelon Salad
I invented this refreshing fruit salad one sultry afternoon while my friends were gathered around my pool. It was quick and easy to prepare and disappeared from their plates even quicker. Even the kids loved it! —Antoinette DuBeck, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 mn.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 cups cubed seedless Watermelon
Cool and refreshing, summer isn't summer without watermelon at the table. Serve it fresh or as part of a great main dish.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil and sugar. In a large
- bowl, combine watermelon and mint. Drizzle with lemon juice mixture;
- toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.