Mint Sauce for Lamb
"This recipe has been in our family for nearly 80 years. Our backyard mint patch provided the main ingredient," reports Ruth Bogdanski of Grants Pass, Oregon. "Our gang won't eat lamb without this mint sauce."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place mint leaves in a small bowl. Stir in water, vinegar, sugar,
- salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved. Cover and let steep for 20
- minutes, then serve immediately with lamb. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 4 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.