Mint Sandwich Cookies
Canned frosting, peppermint extract and chocolate candy coating quickly turn crackers into these wonderful little no-bake cookies. My children and I like to assemble them for parties and holidays. I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do.
-Melissa Thompson, Anderson, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- 72 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting, extract and food coloring if
- desired. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in
- chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand
- until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.