Mint Salad Dressing
Fresh mint is a popular herb that will grow in almost any soil. Here it stars in a special salad dressing.–Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Mixed salad greens
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint. Simmer for 1-2
- minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cover and
- let stand for 1 hour. Strain and discard mint.
- Place olive oil in a small bowl; whisk in mint syrup. Whisk in lemon
- juice, salt and paprika. Drizzle over salad greens. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 225 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.