Mint Chocolate Cookie Crunch
I usually give a different homemade treat to my nieces and nephews every Christmas. This rich no-bake candy was a hit. With just four ingredients, it's easy enough for kids to make.
96 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 package (20 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave or
- heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips. Stir in extract. Combine
- cookies and cereal in a large bowl. Add chocolate mixture and stir
- to coat. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; cool.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature. Yield: about 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.