"My sister and I like to bake this 'cool' mint cake when we were learning to cook...and I still enjoy making it today," reports Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon
- mint extract to batter; beat well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Using the end of a wooden spoon
- handle, poke 24 holes in cake. Spread pudding evenly over cake.
- Combine the whipped topping, food coloring and remaining extract;
- spread over pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free milk, sugar-free pudding and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 217 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,