- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup crushed candies and water. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until candies are melted. In a large bowl,
- beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom
- layer on a serving plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons mint syrup.
- Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon
- crushed candies. Repeat layers.
- Top with third cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining
- whipped cream. Garnish with mint leaves and candies. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.