Mini Swiss Cheese Loaves
I usually make these little loaves in the morning, so they're ready for my husband, Hal, at lunchtime. There's nothing better than a sandwich prepared with homemade bread. Helen Wanamaker Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sour cream,
- sugar, salt, baking soda, egg and 1-1/3 cups flour. Beat on medium
- for 3 minutes. Stir in Swiss cheese and remaining flour. Do not
- Spread batter into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 67 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium,