Mini Polenta Pizzas
With just four ingredients you can be the talk of the party! These tasty bites are special enough for a fancy gathering and no one will know they're healthy! They are shown with Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza (recipe also on Recipe Finder). Lillian Julow - Gainesville, Florida
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (1 pound each) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Cut polenta into 24 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top each with a tomato half and
- 1/2 teaspoon pesto; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 mini pizza equals 57 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.