Mini Pear Crisps
I put these on the grill to cook while everyone enjoys the day's more savory foods. They're always a hit because they're comforting and fun to eat.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter
- until crumbly. Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Divide the pears among eight greased 4-1/2-in. disposable foil tart
- pans. Sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill crisps, covered, over indirect
- medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve warm
- with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 crisp (calculated without whipped cream) equals 437 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g protein.