Mini Chicken Loaves
Have a delicious entree ready in only 15 minutes with this speedy recipe from Lorraine Caland. “These loaves are perfect any time of the year,” she writes from Thunder Bay, Ontario.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup salsa, corn, bread crumbs, chili
- powder, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four loaves; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe
- dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve with
- remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 loaf equals 235 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.