Mini Chicken Empanadas
Refrigerated pie pastry makes quick work of assembling these bite-sized appetizers loaded with chicken and cheese. I've made them several times since receiving the recipe from a friend.Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 15-inch circle. Cut
- with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter.
- Place about 1 teaspoon filling on one half of each circle. Moisten
- pastry edges with water. Fold pastry over filling. Press edges with
- a fork to seal.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes
- or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield:
- about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 empanada equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,