Mini Cheddar Loaves
It's hard to believe you need only four ingredients to bake up a batch of these beautiful miniature loaves. "Sliced warm from the oven, this golden bread is simple and delicious," notes Melody Rowland of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Beat eggs and milk;
- stir into cheese mixture just until moistened. Pour into four
- greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans;
- slice and serve warm. Yield: 4 mini loaves (4 slices each).
Editor's Note: Bread can also be made in one 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 254 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.