- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg
- yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Slice bananas
- into crusts; spoon custard over top. Top with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 5 mini pies.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.