- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the carrots, celery and leek; cook
- for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, green beans and garlic; cook 1
- minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Stir in the garbanzo beans, pasta and parsley. Cook
- for 6-9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese.
- Yield: 11 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 253 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 910 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.