Minestrone in Minutes
Making this minestrone is a quick trick. It will be hard to wait while it is simmering.Sherrie Pfister, Hollandale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 3 sweet or Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage link links, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium
- heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients except cheese. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1
- hour. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.