Brimming with a harvest of garden bounty, this quick-to-fix soup from Heather Ryan of Brown Dee, Wisconsin is fresh-tasting and nutritious. The tomato-based broth is chock-full of everything from carrots and zucchini to garbanzo beans and elbow macaroni.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 3 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook the carrots, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil
- for 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the broth, V8 juice,
- garbanzo beans, tomatoes, green beans, macaroni and basil. Bring to
- a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Cook
- 5 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 166 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 900 mg sodium,