Minestrone Pasta Salad
"My husband's favorite soup is minestrone...but during warmer weather, we enjoy this pasta salad," writes Rosemary Swope of Springfield, Missouri. "I goes great with anything grilled."
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine
- the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add
- to bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4
- hours before serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.