Mincemeat Pumpkin Pie
Instead of serving separate pumpkin and mincemeat pies one Thanksgiving, I served this one pie that combines those wonderful flavors. It was a hit!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Spread mincemeat over the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl,
- beat the egg, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and
- cloves just until smooth. Gradually stir in milk.
- Pour over mincemeat. Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 303 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.