Milk Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Although they look fussy, these melt-in-your-mouth delights are actually a cinch to make. What's more, they're a hit everywhere I take them.
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Bring to a rolling
- boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in chocolate chips, preserves and coffee until mixture is
- smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Place on waxed paper-lined
- baking sheets. Chill until firm. Cover and store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.