Mild Fresh Salsa
This quick-and-easy salsa tastes great as an accompaniment to meat dishes as well as with chips. I teach kindergarten and my husband is a county Extension agent. We've lived down here in the Imperial Valley for 30 years. I say "down here" because Holtville is 15 feet below sea level!
24 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill before serving.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 6 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.