Microwaved Italian Eggplant
If you're trying to cut back on meat, you'll appreciate this main dish from Joan Donahue of Bensalem, Pennsylvania. The microwave makes it fast to fix these crumb-topped eggplant slices.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 small eggplant, peeled
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut eggplant into 3/4-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine the
- bread crumbs and oregano. Brush one side of each eggplant slice with
- mayonnaise. Dip mayonnaise side into crumb mixture; place crumb side
- up in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drizzle
- with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheeses. Cook, uncovered, 1
- minute longer or until sauce is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.