"I love to entertain and try new recipes, so I couldn't wait to make these chocolaty confections for the holidays," relates Joy Neustel of Jamestown, North Dakota. "They're smooth, rich and so pretty topped with pecans. No one will ever guess how easy they are to make."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place 24 small foil candy cups in miniature muffin cups or on a
- baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon pecans into each; set cups and
- remaining pecans aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter.
- Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in cream
- and extract. Beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened,
- scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Immediately pour into prepared
- cups. Top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 86 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.