Microwave Red Snapper
"We fish a lot, so when I tried this recipe at a microwave cooking class, I knew it was a keeper," relates Evelyn Gavin of Cayucos, California. "My husband requests it several times a month."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 red snapper fillet (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces; place in an ungreased shallow
- microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Drain liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, mustard and
- dill; drizzle 1/2 cup over the fish. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with
- rice and remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with an 1100-watt microwave. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 161 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.