Microwave Potato Chips
Can you make golden, crispy homemade potato chips in the microwave? We had our doubts, but they were quickly put to rest by this simple recipe from the TOH Test Kitchen!
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Curry powder
- Layer three paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/16-in.-thick slices. Brush slices on
- both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and curry.
- Arrange on prepared plate (do not overlap).
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn and microwave 2-3 minutes
- longer or until chips are dry and brittle. Repeat with remaining
- potatoes, oil and seasonings. Let chips cool for at least 1 minute
- before serving. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 servings.
Cumin Crunch Potato Chips: Substitute garlic powder and ground cumin for the curry powder. Nice & Spiced Potato Chips: Substitute chili powder and ground chipotle pepper for the curry powder.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 144 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.