Microwave Pizza Dip
Pizza toppings such as tomato sauce, pepperoni and cheese combine in this savory dip suggested by field editor Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup each chopped onion, mushrooms and green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni, hard salami or fully cooked Polish sausage
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Crisp breadsticks or garlic toast
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, mushrooms and
- green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2
- minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan and
- Spread vegetable mixture in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Top
- with pepperoni, cheese mixture and pizza sauce. Microwave,
- uncovered, at 70% power for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted,
- rotating a half turn once. Top with remaining Parmesan. Serve warm
- with breadsticks or garlic toast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.