You can enjoy a small batch of these sweet crunchy pickles anytime without the work of traditional canning methods. "They're loaded with flavor and so easy to make," assures Marie Wladyka of Land O' Lakes, Florida.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes
- longer or until mixture is bubbly and cucumbers and onions are
- crisp-tender. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with
- a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.