Microwave Oatmeal Bars
My mother shared this speedy recipe with me. There are not a lot of ingredients, so these chewy treats are easy to fix in the microwave. —Annette Self, Junction City, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine oats and brown sugar. Stir in butter and
- corn syrup. Press into a greased 9-in. square microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Rotate a half turn;
- microwave 1-1/2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Microwave at 30% power for 4-1/2 minutes or until chips are glossy;
- spread chocolate evenly over top.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.