Microwave Clam Chowder
From Turlock, California, Mary Jane Cantrell contends, "This tastes as good as chowder served at restaurants on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled uncooked potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley
- In covered 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, cook bacon on high for 2-3
- minutes or until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon to drain; set
- aside. Drain clam juice into the drippings. Stir in potatoes and
- onion. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender, stirring once or twice. Stir flour into 1/4 cup of milk; add
- to potato mixture. Stir in salt, pepper and remaining milk. Cover
- and cook on medium for 3-1/2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let
- stand for 3-5 minutes. Stir in clams and butter. Garnish with bacon
- and parsley. Yield: 4 servings (1 quart).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium,