- Add onion mixture to beans. Stir in the water, garlic, salt,
- marjoram, bay leaf, pepper and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 3 hours or until beans are tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir sausage and tomato sauce into beans. Toss
- bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, for 25
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 329 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 809 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.