Michigan Bean Bake
Just let these go all day for a great-tasting baked bean side dish.Sondra Bergy, Lowell, Michigan
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 8 hours
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 large sweet onion, chopped
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook
- for 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 311 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 831 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.