Mexican Shrimp Dip
Our family tried a shrimp cocktail at a Mexican restaurant and we liked it so much that I duplicated it at home. I now make this dip at least once a month. —Romona Rutherford, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and well drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread into a
- 9-in. pie plate; top with shrimp. Chill until serving. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.