Mexican Salsa Pizza
“This recipe gets rave reviews” exclaims Carla McMahon of Hermiston, Oregon. It’s great as is, but you can kick up the heat with spicy salsa and pepper jack cheese. 8
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan. In a small
- bowl, combine 1/2 cup cheese, salsa and cilantro. Spread over crust
- to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut
- into wedges. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge equals 64 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.