"Being a working mother with a small budget and little time, I make a lot of dishes using ground beef," explains Alice McCauley of Beaumont, Texas. "When our son complained about having meat loaf again, I came up with this taco-seasoned version. The whole family loves it served with sour cream and extra salsa."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + standing
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, salsa, egg, soup mix, taco
- seasoning and 1 cup cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a 12-in. loaf. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.