Mexican Meat Loaves
Using plenty of tasty taco ingredients, Tena Huckleby makes miniature meat loaves extra special. The Greeneville, Tennessee cook serves them with sour cream and sliced fresh avocado.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two loaves; place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat
- is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: One serving: 1 meatloaf (prepared with baked chips, reduced-fat cheese and calculated without optional ingredients) equals 387 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 1,357 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.