Mexican Fiesta Dip
"I lost 30 pounds by using slimmed-down ingredients in my recipes, and I still get to enjoy goodies like this savory dip," relates field editor Angela Oelschlaeger, Tonganoxie, Kansas.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 canned jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey until no
- longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in taco seasoning and water;
- cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until most of the liquid has
- Spread refried beans on a 12-in. serving platter. Top with the
- turkey, lettuce, salsa, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and olives.
- Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 282 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,