Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
These lively sandwiches have a special feel with grilled bread and savory melted cheese, but they come together in less than 30 minutes! Samantha Anhalt of Spring Lake, Michigan shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasonings. Rub over both sides
- of chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each
- side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese and mayonnaise; set aside. Grill
- bread on one side until lightly browned. Spread with cheese mixture;
- grill until cheese is melted.
- Place chicken on four slices of toast; top with salsa, remaining
- shredded cheese and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 585 calories, 39 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium,