Mexican Chicken Bake
A cozy comforting home-cooked meal doesn't have to take hours to make, writes Linda Humphreys of Buchanan, Michigan. "I've had this recipe for 30 years. Since my kids, grandkids and guests of all ages request it often and it takes only about 30 minutes to make, I have it at least once every other month!"
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and jalapeno
- peppers in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine soup and
- milk. Stir in the rice, chicken, 2 cups cheese and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake
- 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and the cheese is
- melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 401 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.