Merry Note Cookies
These cookies made with a recipe similar to one my mom always used, were a fitting dessert before we set out for caroling for the holidays.Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in
- egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually beat into
- creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a 3-3/4-in. x 2-1/2-in. musical note cookie cutter dipped
- in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle
- with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.