These cute cookies created by our home economists are a great addition to your table when entertaining at Easter. Enlist the kids to help shape the bunnies.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pink candy coating disks
- 36 heart-shaped red decorating sprinkles
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
- beating on high until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a pastry or
- plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag.
- On parchment-lined baking sheets, pipe the meringue into 4-3/4-in.
- bunny shapes. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Remove
- to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Place in a
- pastry or plastic bag. Pipe ears, whiskers and mouths on bunnies.
- Attach hearts for eyes and nose with melted candy coating. Yield: 1