Melon with Raspberry Sauce
Refreshing melon slices fanned out in a pretty pool of raspberry sauce create a light but elegant ending to any special-occasion meal.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-2/3 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 large cantaloupe
- 1/2 medium honeydew
- Set aside a few raspberries for garnish. Place the remaining berries
- in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add
- the honey, lemon juice and ginger; cover and process. Strain and
- discard seeds; set sauce aside.
- Cut the cantaloupe and honeydew into three wedges; cut each wedge
- widthwise in half. Remove seeds and rind. With a knife, slice each
- piece of melon lengthwise toward narrow end without cutting
- completely to the end. Open into a fan shape.
- On each dessert plate, place 2 tablespoons of raspberry sauce and a
- cantaloupe fan and honeydew fan. Garnish with reserved raspberries.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 130 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.