"This unique summer dessert is low in fat and a creative way to use cantaloupe," says Sandy McKenzie from Braham, Minnesota. "It's best when made with very ripe melon to give the sweetest flavor."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed ripe cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for
- 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely
- In a blender, combine the gelatin mixture, cantaloupe and sugar;
- cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in yogurt. Spoon into individual dishes;
- chill until firm. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (without garnish) equals 90 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.