Melon Cucumber Medley
A light lemony dressing complements a beautiful mixture of melons and sliced cucumbers from Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. "This delightful summer salad is especially good served at a brunch or luncheon," she adds.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 cups melon balls or cubes (cantaloupe, honeydew and/or watermelon)
- 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice,
- sugar, salt and pepper; shake until sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine melon and cucumbers; drizzle with dressing. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl
- if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 119 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.