Mediterranean Turkey Panini
The word "panini" refers to a sandwich that is pressed and toasted. I love making paninis for my fellow teachers and friends. For potlucks, make several and cut them into fourths. The sandwiches work well as an appetizer for any occasion. —Martha Muellenberg, Vermillion, South Dakota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 container (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- Spread each ciabatta bottom with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Top
- with cheese, artichokes, tomato and turkey. Spread each ciabatta top
- with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce; place over turkey.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Place remaining marinara sauce in a small
- microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high until heated
- through. Serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 panini with 1/3 cup sauce equals 701 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 2,314 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 40 g protein.