This versatile recipe can be whipped up at a moment's notice with on-hand ingredients. It's so easy that kids will enjoy helping prepare it, too. —Jennifer Andrzejewski, Grizzly Flats, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Spread cut sides of muffins with pesto; layer with ham and peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle
- with basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 muffin halves equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,003 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.